After Care Advice for the Next 24 Hours Following Treatment
To make the most of your treatment, it is very important that you rest and relax as much as possible and avoid any strenuous activity.
- Please avoid washing off the oils for 24 hours especially after an Aromatherapy treatment as this gives the oils time to penetrate the skin and enhances the healing effects.
- Please drink plenty of water, this will help to eliminate toxins quickly and rehydrate your body.
- Try and avoid heavy and spicy meals, as after treatment your body needs to concentrate its energies on healing and detoxification.
- Try and avoid a hot bath, as this can dehydrate you further.
- Avoid any heat treatments for 24 hours, such as sun-beds, saunas, hot tubs and steam rooms, again these add to dehydration.
- Avoid alcohol, smoking, tea and caffeine as these can add to the toxins in your body and also dehydrate the body.
- Avoid harsh products on the hair which will affect the condition, especially after an Indian Head Treatment.
- If you have to drive after a treatment please keep your car window open to let in fresh air so that you stay alert, especially after a relaxing treatment.
Sometimes it is perfectly normal to experience tiredness, headaches, nausea, excessive urination, minor aches and pains, mucous elimination or heightened emotions following a treatment. This is a sign that your body is self healing and should pass within 24 hours, leaving you feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. Please be assured that these symptoms are not always experienced and are usually short lived and is caused by your body flushing out the toxins released by your treatment. Drinking plenty of water will help reduce or eliminate these symptoms.
Make time for yourself! Even if it is just a few minutes a day – it can make all the difference to your health and wellbeing.