Treatments & Therapies
From the young to the elderly, virtually anyone can be treated with Reflexology as it is safe and does not involve any drugs or intrusive procedures or surgery.
Each part of the human body is mapped out onto the feet and hands. Any imbalances or congestion can be detected through changes in the feet or hands.
The body constantly strives to maintain a stable internal environment whereby all the systems are working efficiently and smoothly, for example, maintenance of body temperature, blood pressure and fluid balance. This self regulation is known as homeostasis. Reflexology has shown to be effective in aiding the body to clear any blockages in the energy channels resulting in the rebalancing of the body’s systems which in turn result in a healthier and happier person.
- it is a natural analgesic or pain reliever
- it aids in relaxation and promotes restful sleep
- promotes energy flow in the body
- has an uplifting effect on mood
- can improve muscle tone
- cleanses and detoxifies the body
- encourages the body’s own natural healing process
- gives a feeling of wellbeing
- stress and mental strain is reduced through relaxation
- blood and lymphatic circulations are improved
- increases energy levels and relieves fatigue
- treats ailments and conditions to help restore health
- it is a preventative measure for health and protects the body from illness
- it aids in the coping of illnesses
- it enhances the immune system
Reflexology for Fertility & Conception
The stresses and anxiety that surrounds fertility issues can be quite exhausting and as time goes by this can add pressure to a relationship which also has a knock on effect with the inability to conceive.
Infertility is common in both men and women and treatments can be offered to couples or individuals as required. Treating both partners is encouraged as you can both benefit from the re-balancing and relaxing effects and therefore be able to share the treatment experience.
Reflexology is a calm and relaxing therapy that can help to ease emotional and physical stress that may surround fertility issues for both partners. Reflexology is a natural complementary therapy which is drug free, non invasive and a more cost-effective solution than traditional medical treatments.
Caruna Holistic Therapy provides a bespoke treatment plan for couples wanting to conceive. For further information or any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Each case is individual and some courses may be shorter or longer.
As each couple’s case is different, a full and thorough consultation is undertaken ideally with both partners. Details about medical history, diet and lifestyle are gathered to establish a suitable plan. Everybody is unique so therefore each person will respond to treatment differently. Individual plans will be monitored closely throughout the course of treatments.
Please note: Reflexology treatment does not guarantee a successful pregnancy and does not claim to cure physical conditions that may have prevented conception previously.
“Can I have Fertility Reflexology while undergoing medical fertility treatment?”
YES! This treatment will be adapted to run alongside your assisted medical treatment although it is good to check with your clinic first. It is recommended however that after embryo transfer you postpone further reflexology sessions until you are 12+ weeks pregnant.
- Eases emotional stress and anxiety and promotes deep relaxation
- Helps to balance hormones
- Aids the regulation of menstrual cycle
- Stimulates ovulation
- Helps to detoxify the body
- Optimises the functioning of the body’s systems
- Stimulates the body’s own natural healing methods
- Provides support for couples
During your pregnancy your body changes significantly. There are hormonal, emotional and physical changes that can sometimes leave you feeling out of balance. Reflexology aims to alleviate or even prevent imbalances and restore your natural equilibrium.
There has been some research to say that regular Reflexology can help with pain relief during labour and even shorten labour time!
Your treatment is tailored around each stage of your pregnancy and can help to ease all sorts of common complaints experienced during your special nine months, leaving you prepared both emotionally and physically for your new arrival.
The benefits from regular sessions during your Pregnancy:
- Deep relaxation
- Relief from stress and anxiety
- Improved energy levels
- Relieves sinus and congestion issues
- Reduction of common symptoms such as morning sickness and nausea, heartburn, constipation
- Relieves backache, sciatica, symphysis pubic discomfort and other ligament and joint pains
- Reduces oedema (swelling particularly found around the ankles and feet)
- Improves sleeping patterns and reduces insomnia
- Prepares you physically and emotionally for labour
The benefits from sessions during Labour:
- Helps with pain relief
- Helps regulate and even speed up contractions
- Generally balances hormones
The benefits from regular sessions during the Postnatal period:
- Deep relaxation
- Helps to reduce emotional stress
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Aids with breastfeeding issues such as inadequate lactation or pain
- Regulates hormones
- Helps uterus to return to pre-pregnancy
- Increases your energy levels
Please note: In some cases Maternity Reflexology treatment cannot be carried out and your Midwife or Health Care provider will inform you if you have any of these conditions:
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Early/Pre-term Labour (less than 37 weeks)
- Placentia Previa
- Placental Abruption
- Clients with a history of unstable pregnancies
Emotional Freedom Therapy (EFT - Tapping)
Emotional Freedom Therapy (EFT) also known as Tapping works by removing unresolved emotional issues. Emotional stress can have a detrimental effect on the body’s natural healing process both physically and mentally and by clearing these emotional issues a significant improvement can be seen in overall health and wellbeing leaving you to move forward and live the life that you want.
In traditional Chinese medicine it is thought that any negative emotion disturbs or even blocks the natural energy flow along the meridian pathways. In order to alleviate this and restore the energy flow, acupressure points or acupoints as they are also commonly known need to be stimulated either with the use of needles as in acupuncture or by applying pressure to the point as in acupressure.
EFT is needle free and has no intrusive procedures. It is often referred to as acupuncture for the mind - without the needles! Therefore EFT is a form of psychological acupressure as emotional freedom is experienced after tapping or stimulating the meridians which in turn has a positive effect on physical and mental wellbeing.
Over five thousand years ago the Chinese discovered a system of energy circuits that run through the body. The movement of energy through the body is based on a relationship between two opposite fields much like a ‘polarity’ force and is called 'yin and yang'.
When you look at the picture there is a little bit of Yin within the Yang and vice versa. This shows the constant flow of one into the other. The chart illustrates what each side represents. In Chinese philosophy the two elements complement each other and need to be equal for energy to flow freely. When energy flows freely there is balance and harmony within the body and good health is experienced. When there is an imbalance and disharmony within the body ill health and disease can be experienced both physically and emotionally.
The interaction of yin and yang is known as 'Qi', pronounced 'chee' and is referred to as life energy. This energy is invisible and flows around the body through channels.
The body’s natural energy flow can be compared to a house which has a series of complex electrical wires running through it to provide electrical energy to each socket. These energy circuits in the body are known as Meridians. These meridians form the basis of therapies such as acupuncture and acupressure.
By understanding of how meridians work enables us to understand the disease pathway which can help to pinpoint a problem. In today’s modern society it is difficult to maintain balance; whether that be work and pleasure balance, food and exercise balance, emotional or physical balance and too much or too little can result in blockages in the energy meridian channels.
There over 400 acupuncture points which are connected by 20 meridians. However, there are 12 main meridian channels and each of these correspond to an organ in the body.
The 12 main meridians are:
- Large intestine
- Small intestine
- Triple warmer
- Gall bladder
The link between Meridians and Emotional Freedom Therapy
Electrical energy that powers a television is invisible to the human eye and so is the energy that flows through the body. Just because you cannot see it does not mean that it is not there. This type of energy can however be felt, the same as electricity can be felt should you receive a shock from it! The effects of electricity powering a television are evident when you see the pictures and hear the sounds that it produces. The same can be said for the invisible energy flow within the body, as after tapping on the meridians the effects are also evident in the improvement in how that person feels emotionally and physically.
The Basic Technique in Practice
There are three parts to an EFT session. Firstly a mental ‘tuning in’ process to the presenting issue concerned secondly the physically tapping of the meridians and thirdly a voicing of an affirmation using words to which the client can relate the feeling.
The mixture of tapping on the energy meridians and saying the affirmation out loud enables the clearing of the 'short circuit' or the emotional blockage. In turn this restores balance to the mind and body.
The client can sit or lay comfortably without the removal of clothing.
Emotional Freedom Therapy can be used for almost anything, some examples are:
- Confidence issues
- Removes Negative Emotional Issues
- Low Self Esteem
- Pain control
- Smoking cessation
- Weight Loss & Food Cravings
- Implementing Positive Life Goals
This treatment would be contra-indicated if anyone is intoxicated or under the influence of drugs or alcohol, is less than 3 months pregnant, or suffering with psychosis. Children under the age of 16 may be treated with the consent of a parent or legal guardian and must also be accompanied throughout the treatment.
Emotional Freedom Therapy helps to implement positive goals and remove negative emotions, therefore improving all aspects of health and wellbeing.
What are you waiting for? Resolve past emotional issues and feel free to live the life that you want!
Everyone has different responses to stress and different methods in dealing with it, but if you feel that the stress in your life is out of control then it is time to take action.
Stress Management Therapy teaches you healthier ways to cope with stress and will equip you with the necessary tools and skills to deal with the stress in your life.
Sessions are adapted to suit each individual and will include some or all of the following:
- Indentify the sources of stress in your life
- Indentify the ways in which you already deal with stress
- Implement positive responses & coping methods to stress
- Help you to manage time effectively
- Put strategies in place to avoid unnecessary stress
- Learn assertiveness and communication skills
- Help to adopt a healthy lifestyle
- Stress Relief & Relaxation Activities
- Self Help Checklist
One to one sessions and small group sessions are available.
Thermal Auricular Therapy (Hopi Ear Candling)
Specially designed tube like candles are used which are made completely out of natural materials such as cotton, coated in bees wax and impregnated with essential oils such as chamomile. The candles are hollow or funnel shaped and do not contain a wick. The candle sits comfortably on the opening of the ear canal to create a seal, a chimney effect occurs when lit which encourages a gentle vacuum drawing out any excess wax and debris from the ear, whilst the vibration of the rising air gently massages the ear drum. As the candle burns the aromatherapy oils are released and inhaled which enhances the treatment. It is an extremely gentle, warming, non-invasive and relaxing experience in which many clients fall asleep.
The client lays comfortably on their side and the candling lasts between 10-15 minutes; the same is repeated on the other ear. To finish the treatment a wonderful facial massage using lymphatic drainage techniques and pressure points is given to encourage clearing of the sinuses and improve blood and lymph flow. It is quite common for wax to naturally expel from the ear after treatment and over the following 24 hours.
The frequency of treatment will vary from person to person. If problems are severe this treatment is gentle enough to be given up to three times per week until the symptoms improve. Follow up treatments and maintenance treatments can be discussed and addressed around your needs.
- reduces excessive or compacted ear wax
- regulates pressure
- relieves sinusitis, rhinitis, glue ear, tinnitus, sore throats
- hay-fever relief
- helps clear the head after a cold or flu
- promotes relaxation
- relieves stress
- relieves pain caused by neuralgia
- stimulates blood circulation
- strengthens the immune system
- relieves pain or pressure from flying, diving and swimming
- helps with vertigo
- reduces snoring
- improves lymphatic drainage to detox and cleanse
- creates a balanced feeling and clear concentration
- rebalances energy flow
- revitalizes the body and mind
In some cases Hopi Ear Candling treatment cannot be carried out such as:
- During and Infection or Inflammation of the ear
- Surgery on the ear within the last 6 months
- Perforation of the ear drum
- Grommets present
- Allergy to candle ingredients
Continued exercise or regular activity can lead to a build up of tension in the muscles. This long term tension can lead to stress in the joints, tendons and ligaments which can result in injury. A sports massage can help maintain flexibility and promote range of mobility by lengthening and stretching the soft tissues. This in return may lessen the risk of injury especially when taken regularly.
By increasing the blood flow in the cardiovascular system, fresh nutrients and oxygen are brought to the tissues whilst quicker removal of waste products also takes place which aids the repair and healing process leaving a more efficient muscular system. The immune system is boosted as massage helps fluids to move through more efficiently through the lymphatic system which also aids in the elimination of toxins.
The nervous system is worked on during massage and depending on the type of massage it can stimulate or calm nerves. Pain is also reduced as massage helps to release endorphins too.
Caruna Holistic Therapy offers 3 types of sports massage and may also include a postural analysis:
1. Pre Event
This type of massage can aid your warm up to exercise by helping you to prepare for your training programme or sporting event. It is designed increase circulation and reduces muscular tension prior to the event. Please note: This does not replace a physical warm up session prior to your sporting event.
2. Post Event
This type of massage aids the recovery process. It enhances the elimination of metabolic waste products left behind in the body after exercise and can also reduce muscle spasms and cramps associated with exercise. It can be relaxing or invigorating.
3. Preventative / Maintenance
A maintenance massage is exactly what its name suggests. This massage maintains flexibility and improves your range of movement and can be part of your regular fitness programme. Specific muscles can be targeted to reduce the stresses and tensions caused by overuse during your chosen activity.
“Is this massage only for athletes?”
No! You don’t have to be an athlete to receive a Sports Massage. Anyone with any type of soft tissue condition can benefit from this style of massage regardless of ability, age or gender.
The benefits of sports massage are greatly increased providing the person uses a combination of correct exercise, stretching, appropriate diet and water intake and of course rest.
The benefits of Sports Massage:
- Improves flexibility
- Improves range of movement
- Releases soft tissue tension
- Enhances performance
- Speeds up recovery time between training sessions
- Increases fluid movement
- Improves posture
- Stimulates psychological state for alertness and mental clarity
- Promotes relaxation
- Injury prevention
- Increases blood flow supplying fresh oxygen and nutrients to muscles
- Aids the elimination of waste products from the muscles after exercise
Traditional Swedish massage uses a variety of movements, technically known as effleurage, petrissage, frictions and tapotement along with some gentle stretching. A vast range of Base or Carrier oils such as Grapeseed, Sweet Almond, Evening Primrose, Jojoba to name just a few, can be used which are packed full of minerals and vitamins. The movements squeeze and manipulate the soft tissues to eliminate toxins and to promote the flow of fresh nutrients and oxygen into the body as well as a multitude of other benefits.
Our busy lifestyles in a hectic world mean that stress and tension build up easily and cause great pressure to the state of mind. This in turn has a direct effect on the body resulting in the suppression of the immune system which can lead to stress related illnesses. However by taking some time out for massage, the effects bring about many positive results both physically and psychologically.
Each treatment can be adapted and tailored to help treat many different ailments and conditions also.
- promotes stress relief and deep relaxation
- improves digestive disorders caused by stress
- relieves insomnia and promotes natural sleep
- increases energy levels
- relieves muscular tension, cramps, aches and pains
- maintains muscle tone to aid posture
- improves muscle elasticity and extensibility which reduce risk of injury
- relieves stiff joints and promotes joint flexibility
- improves blood circulation bringing fresh nutrients and oxygen to the body
- improves lymph drainage and circulation to remove waste products and toxins from the body
- regulates fluid retention and imbalances (oedema)
- boosts the immune system
- stimulates the secretion of serotonin in the brain resulting in a lifted mood
- relieves symptoms of depression and anxiety
- stimulates sensory nerves helping to release endorphins to give pain relief
- encourages skin exfoliation and cell regeneration
- regular application of oils to the skin reduces signs of aging
- improves complexion and skin elasticity
- loosens and aids elimination of sinus and lung mucous
- relief from tension headaches and migraines
- clears and soothes the mind
- increases metabolism and breakdown of fatty tissues
- restores the natural flow of energy to maintain homeostasis
- overall sense of calm and wellbeing
Pregnancy Mum-to-Be Massage
Massage during pregnancy is certainly not a new practice, as prenatal massage has been used for centuries during ancient Indian, African and Chinese history. In Western countries massage during pregnancy has now become a popular choice as there are so many benefits to be gained.
Having been through the experience myself, I can fully appreciate all the aches, pains and body changes that happen throughout these nine months. It can be an exciting but also daunting time as your body experiences so many changes not just physically but emotionally too.
Receiving a regular soothing massage can help you feel relaxed leaving you physically and mentally prepared for your new arrival. During your sessions you will be made to feel very special and cared for as each massage is individually planned around your needs at each stage of your pregnancy. You can be assured to enjoy maximum comfort and relaxation. At Caruna, we use the KIH bed for support during your Mum-to-Be massage. This firm cushion will support the skeletal structure allowing bump and breasts to comfortably sit inside, whilst the cover has been specially designed to support the round ligaments. Designed to encourage correct spinal alignment to relieve pressure on the back whilst firmness of cushion eliminates risk of pressure on the bump whilst being flexible enough to adjust to fit your body. The KIH Bed is made up of two layers for variable depth throughout your pregnancy. Bump massage is optional and will be discussed during your full consultation.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
The Benefits from regular sessions:
- Relieves stress and tension
- Promotes relaxation
- Calms emotions and helps to balance hormones
- Encourages circulation
- Relief from muscular aches and pains
- Relief from joint pain
- Helps to reduce anxiety and depression
- Improves sleep patterns
- Improves general mood and well being
- Improves skin flexibility
- Reduces swelling by removing excess fluid (oedema) and toxins from the body
- May help to reduce headaches
- Provides nurturing and emotional support
Aromatherapy oils have been used for thousands of years by the ancient Egyptians and the Greeks as they had vast knowledge of plants and their medicinal properties.
Aroma means scent. The sense of smell is the only sense that has a direct route to the brain. Smells can remind you of seasons for example the smell of cut grass or hay in the summer; smells can remind you of people for example a relative’s perfume or the smell of the sea air can remind you of a place that you have visited. Smells create a response in the brain and as our scent memory is longer than our visionary memory, smells can recreate a very strong emotional response.
An Aromatherapy massage incorporates all of the benefits of a Swedish massage and more. Essential oils enter the body either by inhalation or by absorption through the skin. The essential oils molecules are taken around the body in the blood stream to carry out their healing work. These molecules then leave the body via the skin, sweat, breathing out and the passing of urine or bowel movements.
All essential oils used during your treatment are carefully chosen and blended specifically for you and tailored to your needs or condition. The list of ailments that essential oils can help with is endless and you can always ask for clarification if you are unsure or would like further information.
- ALL of the benefits included with the Swedish Massage Therapy plus….
- promotes deep relaxation and feelings of calm
- relief from skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis and acne
- regulation of high blood pressure
- revives poor circulation
- boosts the immune system
- cold, sore throat and flu relief
- relief from allergies and hay-fever
- arthritis and joint stiffness
- muscle spasms, sprains, cramps, aches and pains
- menopausal and menstrual problems
- relief from respiratory problems such as asthma and bronchitis
- relief from pain and inflammation from sinusitis
- digestive disorders and complaints such as irritable bowel syndrome
- pain relief from neuralgia and sciatica
- revives mental exhaustion and clears the mind
- relieves nervous tension and anxiety and depression
- relief of stress and associated symptoms
- enhances overall sense of wellbeing
Luxury Holistic Facial
At Caruna, this luxury holistic facial incorporates a full sense of wellbeing.
Comfortably settle down and drift away into a cleansing and toning ritual followed by the application of a natural clay mask using products suited to your skin type.
Then choose to revive your overworked hands or rejuvenate your tired feet by enjoying either a hand & arm or foot massage while the mask is at work.
No chemicals and no harsh scrubbing here, just blissful, soothing, deep relaxation. This is a sensory experience using beautiful aromas.
When the mask is removed, continue to indulge in an Aromatherapy massage for the face, head, neck, décolleté and tops of shoulders. The carefully chosen essential oils work wonders on the skin, scalp and hair whilst draining away any tension in the muscles.
This skin nourishing treatment incorporates elements from the Aromatherapy massage and techniques from the Indian Head massage to clear energy channels and enhance relaxation.
You also have the option to upgrade to an indulgent Hot Stone Facial.
Not just skin deep but an all embracing holistic experience.
You leave with a radiant and healthy glow both inside and out!
- Improves facial skin tone
- Helps slow down the aging process
- Aids regeneration of skin cells
- Helps achieve healthier & younger looking skin
- Helps refine pores and unblock congested skin
- Improves muscle tone
- Aids lymphatic drainage & reduces puffiness
- Promotes blood oxygen flow to the skin & muscles
- Promotes a deep sense of relaxation
- Relaxes face, head & neck muscles
- Relieves tension headaches and facial pain
- Reduces neck tension
- Helps relieve eye strain
- Helps relieve sinus congestion
- Removes toxins & encourages healing
- Gently exfoliates
- Improves self confidence
- Sooth & stimulate skin nerve endings
- Calms nerves and relieves stress
- Aids reduction of water retention
- Improves hair condition
- Helps clear the mind
- Increases overall feeling of wellbeing
Please note: a full consultation is taken and in some medical circumstances essential oils or hot stones may not be used.
Indian Head Massage
In India this practice uses different oils at different times of the year, depending on the season and availability. Traditionally in Northern parts mostly mustard oil is used and in the Southern regions mostly coconut oil. However many other oils may be used or alternatively this treatment can also be carried out without the need of oils if preferred.
In Western countries this treatment is commonly used to relieve stress and is an amazing introduction into massage as the client can remain fully clothed and in a seated position.
- promotes total relaxation and a feeling of wellbeing and calm
- relieves physical and emotional stress
- uplifts the mood
- refreshes and revitalizes mind and body
- improves the condition of the scalp, skin and hair
- stimulates hair growth
- improves mental fatigue and concentration
- improves blood circulation
- relieves stiffness to the neck and shoulders and muscular tension
- cleanses and detoxifies the body
- relief of eyestrain and tension headaches
- promotes natural sleep
- improves muscle tone
Thai Foot Massage
Jivaka Komarabhacca has been acknowledged as the founder of Traditional Thai Medicine, however other cultures have influenced this treatment that we are familiar with today. The stick used to simulate the reflex points is said to have originated in Taiwan, whereas other influences have derived from China, Korea and Japan.
Thai foot massage involves the lower legs from the knees down to the feet. The session starts with a warming foot bath. Luxurious oils or creams are applied to the lower legs. The hands on massage opens the energy channels known as Sen Lines and the stick is used to stimulate a number of reflex points found on the feet which correspond to the internal organs of the body. Towards the end of the treatment the feet are wrapped whilst the therapist continues to open up the Sen lines. This part of the treatment feels completely different as the feet are worked on through the wraps. This treatment is wonderfully relaxing, energising and detoxifying.
- frees blockages and promotes the body’s natural energy flow
- it is a natural analgesic or pain reliever
- it aids in relaxation
- helps to absorb nutrition
- rejuvenates and uplifts mood
- relieves muscular tension
- cleanses and detoxifies the body
- gives an overall feeling of wellbeing
- increases flexibility
- stress and mental strain is reduced through relaxation
- blood and lymphatic circulations are improved
- heightens awareness
- a preventative health measure against illness
“We pray for the one whom we touch, that he will be happy and that any illness will be released from him”
A small extract of the traditional prayer said prior to treatment translated from the Sanskrit and Pali version.
Hot Stones Massage
The stones are a mixture of hot basalt and cold marine stones. Basalt is formed from cooled volcanic lava and has been smoothly shaped to enable the therapist to glide them over the skin along with the application of oils. These stones are usually heated in water. Some stones are strategically placed on the body’s energy centers known as chakras to encourage re-balancing of the natural energy flow and some stones are used by the therapist for the massage itself. The therapist uses their own hands to transfer the heat from the stones to the client’s body. When the client is accustom to the heat the therapist then uses the stones to massage.
The cold stones are used on the face to encourage sinus drainage and relief from tension headaches. The facial massage is done at the end of the treatment and has a very refreshing effect. Cold stones can also be used to reduce inflammation or pain by cooling the area of concern.
A Hot Stone Therapy is said to be between 5 and 10 times more effective than a normal manual massage, as the heat penetrates the soft tissues on a much deeper level, resulting in quicker relaxation and enhanced therapeutic benefits.
As well as the blissful feeling of deep relaxation, Hot Stone Massage can benefit a multitude of ailments and conditions.
- ALL of the benefits included with the Swedish Massage Therapy plus….
- promotes deep relaxation and re-balancing
- deeper penetration to the soft tissues and joints
- promotes lymphatic drainage and removal of toxins and waste products from the body
- increased circulation
- improved metabolism
- reduction in fibrous nodules ‘knots’
- improved range of movement
- cell regeneration of the skin
- improved skin elasticity
- sedation of the Central Nervous System
- pain relief
- relief from symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression
Warm Bamboo Massage
Bamboo is extremely flexible and light yet very strong. The outer cell walls of Bamboo are covered with silica. This covering creates a crystalline-like matrix much like a quartz crystal and becomes active when under mechanical stress. Crystalline-like matrices have two specific properties: piezoelectricity and pyroelectricity. Pieso derives from a Greek word meaning ‘to press or squeeze’ and Pyro derives from a Greek word meaning ‘fire’.
Piezoelectricity is the ability of some crystal like materials to generate an electric potential during mechanical stress or pressure. Pyroelectricity is the ability of certain materials to create electrical potential when heated. This pyroelectric effect is also present in tissue and bone.
During a massage the application of pressure on the bamboo sticks and the heat from the friction that occurs activates the molecular structure in the silica to create a charged tool and this contributes to the great healing effects of a Bamboo massage.
The heated bamboos are used in varying lengths and diameters and rolled using various movements on the body to create a much deeper luxurious massage. Much like other massages there are many conditions and ailments that can benefit from this treatment.
- promotes deep relaxation through increased release of endorphins
- relief from stress, anxiety and depression
- increases circulation and blood flow
- improves lymphatic drainage and elimination of toxins and waste products from the body
- relief from muscular spasms, pain and tension
- increased joint and muscle flexibility
- increased skin suppleness
On Site Seated Massage
This type of massage can be both relaxing and invigorating and relieves stress and tension leaving the client with a renewed sense of wellbeing and revived energy levels. This type of massage is ideal for people who spend a large amount of time sitting at a desk or computer. It is a perfect lunch time ‘pick me up’ as the massage is given in a much shorter space of time.
The treatment incorporates movements and pressure applied to the head, back, neck, shoulders, arms and hands.
- relief of muscular tension and pain
- reduction in stress
- improves flexibility
- relaxes and rejuvenates the body and mind
- stimulates the circulation to improve the flow of oxygen and nutrients through the body
- helps to eliminate toxins and cleanses the body
- improves concentration
- helps create an awareness of posture
- increased energy levels
Spa/Bridal/Group Pamper Party
Give us a Wave! Hand and Arm massage £20.00
Wave goodbye to work and hello to a 20 minute holiday retreat for your hands and arms. Indulge in sumptuous creams or oils and feel the renewed softness to your skin. Sooth away pain or inflammation from overworked, achy hands and wrists and slip your arms into the pure silk gloves of relaxation.
Foot Loose and Fancy Free £20.00
Treat your feet and enjoy a 20 minute massage to rejuvenate tired feet. Fabulous aromatic oils or creams are massaged deeply into the feet and ankles leaving them smooth, soft and as light as a feather.
Facial Massage £20.00
Float away with a 20 minute tension relieving holistic facial massage. Luxurious oils or creams melt into the skin giving your face a smooth, soft and youthful glow whilst the massage and pressure point techniques drain away stress leaving nothing but a smile!
Stress Buster Reflexology £25.00
Sooth stresses and settle down with a 30 minute restful reflexology remedy. With gentle pressures and rhythmic movements applied to your feet your body can regain balance and stability. Finished with moisture replenishing creams or oils you can be sure to recapture your natural inner energy flow.
What are you waiting for? Dip your toes into reflexology and find out what you’ve been missing!
Swedish Back Neck Shoulders Massage £25.00
Sink deeply into relaxation with a wonderful 30 minute back, neck and shoulder massage applied with nourishing and moisture replenishing base oils or creams, suited to your skin type. Drift away while your muscles are relieved from tension and your mind eased of strain.
The only thing left behind is a state of total tranquility.
Aromatherapy Back Neck Shoulders Massage £25.00
Awaken your senses and enjoy the scents of an aromatherapy essential oil massage. A blissful 30 minutes with therapeutic blends created specifically for you, bringing balance to your body and peace to your mind.
Aromatherapy – perfume for the soul.
Indian Head Massage £25.00
Clear your mind and rebalance your energies with this calming 30 minute traditional head massage. Release all your tensions and restore mental clarity. Sit down, unwind and leave your troubles behind.
Hot Stones Back Neck Shoulder Massage £30.00
Evaporate your worries away with a 30 minute heavenly hot stones massage. Like the sunshine on your skin, let the comfort and warmth of the smoothing strokes deeply relax your muscles, while your mind sails away to a tropical paradise.